Friday 2 January 2015

Hope

I was reading Pat Sloan's post on her 'word of the year', you can read all about it here
The more I thought about it the more I wanted my own word. I tossed words about, I looked up definitions. A few of the words I went through are thrive, success, joy. I finally decided on 'Hope'. Wikipedia defines it as an 'optimistic attitude'.
 I can do this. Since I've never done this before it might not be easy and I may forget it at times. But even if I do forget hope, I hope to bring it back in my life and everything I do.
I am thinking of designing a small wall hanging with my word hope in it, as a gentle reminder.

I like this quote by Emily Dickinson.

“Hope is the thing with feathers 
That perches in the soul 
And sings the tune without the words 
And never stops at all.” 
― Emily Dickinson

-I hope that my family is happy and healthy.
- As a cancer survivor I hope I am healthy.
-I hope to become a better blogger, it is not something I'm used to doing.
-I hope to feel accomplished without feeling stressed.

In 2015 I shall endeavor to remember to hope.

 I hope you are having a great day.

5 comments :

  1. Welcome to blogging. Found your blog on Two Bags Full and glad I stopped by. Wishes for a happy new year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. May your year be filled with health and vitality, and may hope be your constant friend. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome word, Cindy! I like the way you're incorporating into your life already. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it. Hope is one of my favorite words. It's so encouraging. Best wishes to you for 2015!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I couldn't resist commenting. I really love that poem and your word, hope. I've chosen focus. It's not that I want to focus on one thing at a time; I'm doing different things every day. It's rather that I want to be more mindful and present .

    ReplyDelete

I love comments, however if you don't get a reply back from me it is because you may be a no-reply blogger. Hope you have a great day!